Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Shayda Eire turns 26.



A plain reflection of being 26. 

Alhamdulillah.

11 July 2012. A biological indication for me of being a year older, in other words, I’m normally aging.
  
My utmost gratitude to Allah for permitting the time and space for me to reach and be 26 today, Alhamdulillah. 

Often heard, age is just numbers. A friend said to me that “Age is a bit more than number; it’s a multi-milestones in life”. So, in this context, asking my ownself “HOW DO I GET OLD?” is far more significant and relevant than “how old am I”. And being given the chance to hit 26, I’d like to write a humble reflection of my life. 

THE PAST YEARS

Looking back, there were the regular ups and downs that I’ve gone through. Though things didn’t get the way I wished, yet I had been given things which were way better than what I always wanted. Alhamdulillah. 

1.   As mentioned in my blog 2 years ago, I’ve always wanted to further my studies, and I’ve been given the chance for that. Allah has answered my prayers, Alhamdulillah!

2.   There were many unexpected hindrances along the way. i.e the IELTS test. I faced some sweet “chaos” before and during the test. I prayed that Allah eases my ways. Thank you Nisa, Kak Mony, Kak Lin, Abang Ijad, Dayah and Syamil. Devoid of their help, I may not be able to make it, even to go to the test centre. And indeed, Allah has granted my prayer. He eases my ways by “sending” those amazing friends. Alhamdulillah.

3.   I always want to teach good students and I’ve been given a chance to do so last semester. But again, things didn’t go the way I want it to be. Receiving unwanted contempt in class has made me realize that I have to learn more. After 14 weeks, I didn’t pissed off unnecessarily and emotions were capably controlled (I manage to hold my tears! LOL). Prior to that, I gains self-control. Evidently, things happen for reasons, the good ones. Alhamdulillah! 

4.   Perhaps this turmoil would be one of the most poignant events in my life. When I trust people, I trust them whole-heartedly. And breaching trust would be so... not nice.To breach trust is like pouring fresh water to the ocean. Then you get thirsty. It tastes salty later. On the other hand, that is what others will feel if they put their whole trust on us, and we make a fool out of it. If people trust you, do uphold their trust sincerely, exactly like the way you want them to uphold and appreciate yours. But, I learn that, first thing first, you need to mind your intention. Always, always, always do things for the sake of Allah. When you have good intentions towards others, and you do good things for His sake, no matter how bad others go against you, ultimately you will be safe as Allah will protect you. And in fact, doing things for the sake of Allah will protect you from doing things that Allah forbids. I’ve been tested on trustworthiness, but Allah has made me realize on other good things. Alhamdulillah.

“Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?” (Ar-rahman: 13)

THE PRESENT

      1.   Currently, there have been not much of changes physically. I still love Ireland so much, I still collect Irish stuffs, I still refer myself as an Irish (forgive me! Haha), I still sing to little kids and I still can’t cook well. My current aim is to make a good jemput-jemput, or “jjepuk” in Trenganuspeak. I haven’t tried any since last year!



      2.   Yet, there are so many decisions to be made, some are urgent decisions, and some are life-changing decisions. Indeed, life is hard, but it gets harder when you think it is. For I don’t know what’s going to occur in the future, I could just hope and make do’a, heaps of do’as, continuously. To Allah alone I beseech to and gratified to. May Allah eases my ways, ameen.

"Then, when thou hast Taken a desicion, Put thy trust in Allah." (Ali Imran: 159)

THE FUTURE

     1.   And talking about the future, there are so many things to anticipate and to think. To prepare for the future, you must understand the past. Since I’m just a mere helpless human being, I could just plan and make unwavering endeavors keeping abreast with prayers to Allah. The future is uncertain, we could only plan, but He is the Ultimate Planner for He’s All-Knowing. With dedicated effort and sturdy faith on Him, come what may, you’ll ace. InsyaAllah.

     2.   Then, there comes the issue of hitch-hiking. No, I'm kidding, people never bother about that, really. They are inquisitive of “when” you’re going to be hitched (without –hiking).Seriously, it is always a mystery. When Allah permits it, then it will be. When Allah says “Be it”, then it will be. Getting hitched is not the final goal; it is only a way to get to the final abode –Jannah. On top of that, with non-stop do’as and fervent search for His redha, may Allah grant us the best. InsyaAllah, ameen! 


"...Allah sufficeth me: there is no god but He: On Him is my trust,- He the Lord of the Throne (of Glory) Supreme!" (At-taubah :129)
  
            3.   Apart from that, I also want to a better Shahida,  a better daughter to my parents, a better sister to my siblings, a better buddy to my mates and above all, a better slave to Allah, insyaAllah, ameen!

What you seek is seeking you – RUMI
(If good things are what your searched for, behold that good things are searching for you too!)

What’s unique and ironic about life is the duration of life itself. Commonly, being born is seen as a starting of life, yet it could also be seen as a starting of death since every being will decease, for death is inevitable. The remaining time of our life is inversely proportionate to the increase of our age. 

All in all, life is a journey of a destination; we don’t know how far we are from the finishing line. We go through different journeys, different routes, and different encounters; nevertheless our biggest aim is the same; to be in His Jannah. 

We only live twice. The first life is temporary, and it will dictate the result of your second life which is eternal, whether His Jannah is for you, or not. May Allah forgive us, and guide us to the right path, may Allah endow us with His infinite blessings, unbounded redha and vast rahmah. Ameen!




Happy 26th birthday, Shayda Eire!

2 comments:

  1. hapy birthday kak shahida.... hurm. i wnder y ure so emtionally attched to eire. but, there might not be a reason as there re saying, "if we love smthng witht a reason, then it's true love".

    ReplyDelete